Off Road Werkz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Off Road Werkz

To Unite the 4 Wheel Drive Community in Ventura County California.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apache Canyon Cleanup March 15th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fun4wheelerguy

Fun4wheelerguy

Apache Canyon Cleanup March 15th Empty
PostSubject: Apache Canyon Cleanup March 15th   Apache Canyon Cleanup March 15th EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 am

Apache Canyon Cleanup........

I was at BC109 this past weekend with a group of wheelers and we came across a park ranger. Her name is Barbara from the Mount Pinos District. She said that since Cherry Creek has been closed. People have come to Apache Canyon and shot up and trashed the place.

We will meet up with her at a place called Pistachio....... At 10:00 am on Saturday the 15th. It is a small store with a gas station on hwy 33 north of Lockwood Valley Rd.

I plan on being at Mc Donalds in Ojai at 8:00 am and leave by 8:45am to meet the ranger in time.

Bring a sack lunch, water and warm clothes because the weather may turn cold this weekend.

Brett
Back to top Go down
Fun4wheelerguy

Fun4wheelerguy

Apache Canyon Cleanup March 15th Empty
PostSubject: Apache Canyon   Apache Canyon Cleanup March 15th EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 10:26 am

Apache Canyon,

I went up to Apache Canyon with my girlfriend (Micheala)and with another Jeeper Friend Warren Schwarm. We met up with Barbara at Pistachio. Then we went up to the Nettles Campground at the top of Apache Canyon. We cleaned up for about 2 hours and it was cleaner than we all had expected. I met one of the ranchers ( Ralph ) that has a ranch along the south side of the canyon. He seemed very willing to help us also. I did sponsor the trail and campground via Off Road Werkz because the Forrest Service needs our help keeping the areas clean and maintainable so they can keep the areas open for the public. As everyone knows that the funds are really tight all over right now especially to the Forrest Service.

I will plan on camp trips up there randomly so we can maintain it and maybe do runs like Ballenger or Bc109 more often. It is dry camping (bring your own water) and is really only tent type camping up there.

Brett
Back to top Go down

Apache Canyon Cleanup March 15th
Page 1 of 1