Off Road Werkz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Off Road Werkz

To Unite the 4 Wheel Drive Community in Ventura County California.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
06Rubicon

06Rubicon

Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon   Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 pm

The ignition switch broke on my 2006 Rubicon Unlimited. More correctly, a small, pot metal shaft which engages a switch on the steering column broke. Unfortunately, this shaft cannot be ordered or replaced alone as it is part of the steering column assembly.

Even though I had a Chrysler Add Plus extended warranty on the vehicle, this part is not covered, and if you go through Jeep/Chrysler to for repairs, you must replace the ENTIRE steering column just for this little part. The steering column assembly is around $700 dollars.

Without going into the gory details of my plight, I suggest you watch this YouTube video and order the little part from the video author!!!!

The link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8yNHl8odUs
Back to top Go down
https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa38/teetsup/Hungry%20Valley%
Fun4wheelerguy

Fun4wheelerguy

Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon Empty
PostSubject: Ignition Switch   Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:37 pm

Thank you Don,

That was an excellent video describing the problem and how to fix it without paying a ridiculous prices at the dealer. Now that I know, I will be ordering the parts and have them in stock for future problems. This will help many others.

Brett
Back to top Go down

Ignition Switch Pin Failure on "04 - 06 Rubicon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Off Road Werkz :: Topics :: Jeep Tech-
Jump to: