Off Road Werkz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Off Road Werkz

To Unite the 4 Wheel Drive Community in Ventura County California.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WATER WATER WATER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
broncobear

WATER WATER WATER Empty
PostSubject: WATER WATER WATER   WATER WATER WATER EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:42 am

YOU CAN LIVE FOR WEEKS WITHOUT FOOD,
BUT ONLY 3 DAYS WITHOUT WATER.

At home store away PLENTY of water for drinking for ALL family members.
Don't forget to store enough water for PETS also.

Your local fresh water supply line could be broken, shut down, or cracked and letting in contaminants. UP TO A WEEK OR MORE!

I asked an office water supplier (Sparkle-Head) about storing water for emergencies. He said "Distilled" water can last for six months or more. It lasts longer than the "Drinking" or "Spring" labeled water. After about a year, I have found the water has absorbed a plastic taste from sitting in the bottle. When I buy a few replacement bottles, I mark the purchase date on the top of the bottle with a Sharpie marking pen. The outdated bottles are still saved, but for toilet bowl refilling. Yeah, you never thought about that, did ya? If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down. If you can't flush at least once a day, well use your imagination.

To get into the habit of buying water at the super market,
start by committing to buying (2) 1/2-gallon bottles of "Distilled" water a Month. If you can buy larger containers, then do. I like the 2-gal bottles with handles on top. Mark the purchase date. That was hard for me to get used to doing at first. After the first year of feeling secure that I had emergency water, I realized that I had no way of knowing how old some of the bottles were.
Before you know it, you will be seeing the dates roll by, and your stock pile growing. MANY GALLONS REQUIRED for a few days flushes.
Remember, you'll appreciate 1 flush once a day!
Back to top Go down

WATER WATER WATER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Off Road Werkz :: Topics :: CERT Program :: Earthquake Preparedness-
Jump to: