Off Road Werkz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Off Road Werkz

To Unite the 4 Wheel Drive Community in Ventura County California.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

33 Closed long term

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gfort1

gfort1

33 Closed long term Empty
PostSubject: 33 Closed long term   33 Closed long term EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 3:21 pm

This is what I read today
Stop the Trucks: Highway 33 Bridge Collapses!

over-pass-work2.pdf

In today's Ventura County Star:
Saturday, February 23, 2008, from staff reports:

Bridge on Highway 33 Collapses: No One Hurt

A bridge support beam failure caused 130 to 150 feet of embankment along south-bound Highway 33 above Ojai to slide into the North Fork of Matilija Creek on Friday evening, authorities said.

The roadway was empty at the time of the collapse and no one was hurt, California Highway Patrol officials sad.

The bridge, located 10 to 12 miles north of Ojai, reportedly gave way about 6:15 p.m., according to the CHP.

Only southbound lanes were affected, officials said and northbound lanes remained open to residents and emergency personnel.

For all other vehicles, the CHP expects a long-term closure of the highway between Lockwood Valley Road to the north and Matilija Road to the south.
Back to top Go down
http://homepage.mac.com/gfort1/PhotoAlbum1.html
broncobear

PostSubject: Re: 33 Closed long term   33 Closed long term EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:47 pm

Thanks for the 411.
I live below Ojai and go that way to Lockwood or Hungry Valley. Especially going home, to avoid the 5 South on a Sunday.
I have been tailgated by those damn semi trucks from the quarry at 55mph through the turns. If a deer ran out in front of me and I hit the brakes, the truck would just end up pushing me off the road. Wheeler's Gorge is a long way down if you go over the side.
Don't even get me started about the gravel chip in my windshield. Back to using the 126 from Ventura to Tragic Mountain. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Fun4wheelerguy

Fun4wheelerguy

PostSubject: HWY 33   33 Closed long term EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 11:51 am

One of my employees was up there this past weekend and the road is open at this time. There is a stop light and down to one lane at the slide point.

Saturday Run is still a go..............

Brett
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 33 Closed long term   33 Closed long term Empty

Back to top Go down

33 Closed long term
Page 1 of 1